See what I have been up to.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Rocks and Swims

We decided to run the South Fork Stillaguamish at absolute bare minimum for canoes-5.4 feet. We hit everything-with enthusiasm. We had more than a few swims, rescues, and rock boofs. It turned almost every rapid into a tight, technical boulder garden. I swam for the first time in a canoe (in moving water!) when I couldn't make it to the only slot that would fit my boat. Loved having my Werner Nantahala-the paddle has such a strong bite to help catch micro eddies. It was especially nice having the reinforced edges when nearly every time I put my paddle in the water I hit a rock-that is how low the water was. And I am happy to say that there is hardly a scratch on the paddle after all that! Looking forward to water levels rising and getting back on the river.
Looking down at Wiley Creek Rapid
Looking back up Wiley Creek Rapid
Safety below Wiley Creek
Rachael practices lining her boat
Slipper rocks
Read and run fun
I have yet to not do a full spin in the middle of the most difficult rapid each time I paddle canoes. Figures

No comments:

Post a Comment