See what I have been up to.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Canoeing...Uphill

Leslie, Rachael and I went out to the Club Stretch on the Snoqualmie River to practice in big canoes. It was Rachael's first time solo in a tandem canoe on a river, and she did an excellent job. Leslie had phenomenal control snubbing (going downstream) using her pole, while I, on the other hand, did a marvelous job hitting ALL the rocks and swimming plenty, including a good loop around the endless eddy at the takeout. I almost pinned myself against the rock wall! Here are a few photos.
Pretty much sums up "you want me to go UPstream?"
Leslie snubbing downstream.
Regaining focus/gunwale bracing
Rachael poling up the inside track of a rapid.
...and snubbing back down it.
Making the safe call to kneel down and paddle it after I did a few pirouettes, emergency maneuvering, and falling out twice in 50 yards.
Leslie in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment