See what I have been up to.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Crushing Rocks & Near Misses




Steve and I made plans while paddling the Green to come run the Skykomish River from the town of Index down to Split Rock, with the potential to run a few laps to get more river time in.  Unfortunately we both had work commitments come up that stopped us from multiple laps, but we had a great run with perfect weather and river level. Our group was rounded out by a few friends and friends of friends- Kesley, Janelle, and Stella. Everyone else is a pretty serious whitewater boater, with me being more of a canoeist and sea kayaker. 

I am convinced that cross training makes you a better all around boater- I found myself very relaxed in even the most turbulent water with two blades instead of one canoe blade. And in a canoe, I don't mind edging to both sides, whereas some open boaters will only edge to their paddle side.

Here are a few photos and screen grabs from Sunday. Hoping to get back up this weekend for a few laps- can't wait.

Group Rally down Confluence.

Following Kesley down a long boulder garden.
Kesley.


Trying to bide my time to drop in- looking for wood.
Dropping into Boulder Drop.

Hanging out mid Boulder Drop, waiting my turn.
Looking Upstream.

Add caption
Entering Airplane Turn.
Just barely missed the big hole after Airplane Turn on Boulder Drop.


The Ledge- almost tripped myself up.
Steve getting eaten by a wave/surfer.


Looking back upstream from near the takeout.

No comments:

Post a Comment