See what I have been up to.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Green River Take 2: Kayak Time


I got an offer to run the Green River Gorge (or the lower half anyway) midweek last week. I have been itching to spend a bit more time in a whitewater kayak, a craft I have been not spending too much time in but would like to spend more. I borrowed a Jackson Karma again, and it performed predictably well. I like how the seat is easily adjustable for correctly setting trim in the boat. Just one wingnut and done. 


Paradise Put in.

Lowering boats to the put in.
The wood is more in play at low water like this. Easy enough to avoid, but now you have to work at it.
Working on those ferry glides.
Testing resurfacing capabilities.
A bit of surfing happened.
Splat!
Note: party waves in holes don't ever end well.
But the Karma rolls nicely.
New friends.
Steve finding his sweet spot on a wave.
Mike G. giving directions.
Steve enjoying the view.
Mike finding the sweet spot.
Paddling companions big and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment