See what I have been up to.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Middle Middle Snoqualmie in an Open Canoe

We had perfect weather, flows and a group with skills to handle the Middle of the Middle Fork Snoqualmie River (or rather handle me!) at 1400 cfs this past Saturday. Bob Schneider, John Montegomery, and Adam Walker and I had a clean and safe run down my hardest river yet-lots of class 3 boulder gardens and one very swift, steep and long class 4 House Rock rapid. I felt confident heading out with these guys watching out for me-a good feeling.

Bob's new drysuit
Surfing House Rock
John surfing
Lead in to House Rocks
Closer
The best time to go backwards is before your first grade IV rapid in a canoe, right?
Hole
Lining up for the boof
Lower House Rock
Adam avoiding the Tight Squeeze
Looking back upstream
Lots of chutes and green tongues
Boulder Gardens
Pillows
Boof
Good Read & Run Practice
Big hole from the side
Big hole from below

No comments:

Post a Comment