See what I have been up to.

Friday, June 20, 2014

Vancouver Island Circumnavigation


One week from tomorrow I will be departing on a 5 week journey circumnavigating Vancouver Island. There will be up to four of us, with various team members only able to make one section or another. The trip is split into three legs, but we will be averaging 20-30 nautical miles per day.  I embedded a map on the blog to follow our progress via SPOT Messenger. I'll be taking photos and some video, but will not likely be able to do much uploading until after the trip. Along the way, I will be documenting Sea Star Wasting Syndrome for an ongoing research project at the University of California, Santa Cruz. See the research here or click here for a map. Big thanks to my sponsors, Werner Paddles and Spot Communications, as well as to the folks who support my in my endeavors, namely Snap Dragon Sprayskirts, Body Boat Blade, MSR, and Kayak Academy. These guys collectively make and sell the best kayaking equipment on the market and all of their gear has been field tested and proven to work. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment