See what I have been up to.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

South Fork Stillaguamish River: Less Rocks, Fewer Swims!

As part of the Paddle Trails Canoe Club Spring Bash, a group of us ran the South Fork of the Stillaguamish River at 5.8ft. The only previous time I ran this was at 5.2ft which is something I don't think I'll be doing again-too bony and not enough water. With a very strong group we made our way downstream setting safety where needed, surfing when possible, and catching as many eddies as possible. I even convinced one of the more experienced fellows to give me tips whenever possible! My cross-deck strokes were too long, and indeed, once I shortened them, everything became that much easier. Big thanks to Dave Mainer for all the great tips.
Thinking face
Kris lining up for Wiley Creek drop
Wiley Creek hole
Wiley Creek Boof
Dave Mainer setting safety and judging me
Leslie took a great line...
...and styled it!
Backwards!
Bob boofing over a hole
Laughing at my line
Boogie water party
Gear
Don't spend too much time under this wall
Bridge Drop with scary wood rip rap
Inflatable OC-2=incredible
Wiley Creek from above
The lead-in to Wiley Creek
Cleanup at the bottom of Wiley Creek
Safety first!
Leslie nailing her line
Always searching for surf holes

No comments:

Post a Comment