See what I have been up to.

Monday, March 16, 2015

First days on Skye!

I am currently on the Isle of Skye, doing a bit of training with Skyak Adventures, run by the lovely Morag & Gordon Brown. Yesterday, my first day here, I paddled with a local paddler, Frank, who took me up the beautiful Loch Long and around Eilean Donan castle (featured in the movie Highlander, among others). We had bluebird skies, calm conditions, and not a soul on the water but us (and a curious seal friend). Today I paddled with Morag from the Skye Bridge back to the shop in Breakish- a potential paddle for night navigation later this week. Looking forward to a great trip here in Scotland!

Looking up Loch Long.
Frank.
A pretty hill whose name I could never spell.
Monkey Puzzle Tree.
Broch (ancient ruin).
Eilean Donan


No comments:

Post a Comment